• 2 cups water
• 2 cups sugar
• 1.5 cups strawberries
• juice of 2 lemons
1. Put the sugar and water into a saucepan and boil for 10 minutes.
2. Add the Strawberries and lemon juice then simmer for 5 minutes. Stir well, mashing the fruit as it simmers.
3. Put the mixture through a strainer and allow to cool.
4. Bottle and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
5. To serve, add to a glass and top with sparking or still water and ice.
(yes that was a Vegemite jar in the photo. I will have to order some from the online shop in Germany or UK. We’ve found Marmite in our local asian supermarket but Vegemite is sadly absent. Vegemite is actually cheaper in the UK than Australia)
• 1.5kg strawberries
• Juice of 2 lemons
• 1.3kg of sugar
• 1/4 cup of rosewater
1. Combine berries, juice and sugar in a pot.
2. Slowly bring to the boil – remembering to stir as
you go. The sugar needs to be dissolves prior to the jam boiling.
3. Boil for 15-20minutes or until the hot jam reaches
4. Remove the pan from the heat and add the
5. Skim off any frothy scum (or add 1 teaspoon
butter) and allow to cool for a while before bottling.
6. Pour into warm sterilized jars, seal, label and water bath or store in the fridge.